The birth place of success in private physician practice is effective and intentional practice management. No well-run, successful and profitable practice became that way by accident. At some point, usually very early on, someone took responsibility for the infrastructure of proverbially “keeping the doors open and the lights on,” beyond the doctor-patient clinical needs. In today’s environment of smaller private practices struggling to survive as their colleagues are getting absorbed by large health systems or medical groups, a practice administrator can seem like an unattainable luxury.
Zymeda is here to help. Whether you already have a staff member in place who simply needs to be set up for success with the right strategic approach to the management of your practice, or for those practices that may not be able to immediately recruit the right practice management fit, Zymeda is experienced and adaptable in providing all aspects of this service on a consulting basis for a wide variety of medical specialties.
Our goal is to help our clients develop and in some cases improve operational efficiency so they can focus on running the clinical aspects of the practice. Our practice management expertise includes operational processes, billing, medical practice staffing, insurance, human resources, and managed care administration. Zymeda has everything you need to help your practice run smoothly and efficiently.
Key practice management services and programs include:
- Operational Efficiency Analysis
- Assessment of operational processes, staff responsibilities, accountability and areas of opportunity to improve
- Identify areas of additional resource needs
- Establishment of short and long-term practice management goals
- Recruitment and onboarding of Practice Administrator
- Human Resource Consulting
- Analysis of current staffing and identification of areas to maximize existing resources
- Review and drafting of staff job descriptions
- New staff recruitment– advertising, candidate screenings, pre-employment testing, interviews and onboarding
- Assistance with performance evaluations and employee reviews
- Advisement on disciplinary and human resource protocols
- Analysis/development of practice policies and procedures
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) System Analysis
- Analysis of system currently in place, whether it truly meets the practice’s needs, and if the practice is maximizing the benefit of the system.
- Assistance with training programs for existing and new staff members who may need additional aid in utilizing the technology to the greatest benefit of the practice.
- EMR selection and implementation for those practices which have yet to adopt a specific system.
- Customer Service Training
- In-office staff training on customer service standards for the practice and how they apply to each job-specific function within the practice.
- Managed Care Specialty Training
- Training staff and providers on specific elements associated with requirements surrounding managed care administration.
- Pay for Performance (P4P) Programs
Analysis of P4P programs practice is currently involved in and whether their benefits are being maximized, as well as recommendations on additional P4P programs that may be of benefit to the practice and its providers.
Establish mechanism for tracking P4P performance including the use of dashboards.
- Practice Vision and Strategy
Facilitate participation in development of practice vision and strategy including structured agendas and meeting oversight among provider teams to aid in the sharing of new ideas, open dialogue and brainstorming of practice goals and objectives as well as discussion of any provider concerns that may need to be addressed by practice leadership.